Friday 25 June 2010

Painted Pink Jam Jars!


Yipppeeee, I'm a whole day ahead of myself - all the kits are done and looking gorgeous for the Vintage Album retreat on Sunday. Just a few more yummy food bits to buy fresh tomorrow and then I can simply relax and look forward to actually getting on the with the thing I love most which is teaching my designs. I can't wait to see how everyone's albums turn out.

The picture above is the first kit that everyone will be welcomed with - bet you wonder what's inside!


I also took advantage of the lovely warm sun on my deck yesterday, and played with pink paint - I saw this idea somewhere recently where they had swirled paint inside old glass jars so I decided to try it out, and have made the take home treats in the form of a vintage jam jar - again bet you are wondering what's inside. Simply find some glass jars, and taking a quite water-downed cup of paint, simply pour inside and swirl around. Tip all the excess paint back into you cup and leave to dry - obviously you couldn't put unwrapped food back in to them, but imagine other treats like hairclips, wrapped chocies, piece of jewelery, or even say little notes made with comforting affirmations for the receiver to enjoy each day.

Really sorry but I can only tempt you tonight, as I don't want to give too many of the surprises away, but promise I'll share more after the event next week.

Hope you all have wonderful weekends enjoying the sunshine with your loved ones!
x

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! How exciting. I so wish I was there to join in. Wouldn't it be great if I could just hop on a plane and pop over for the weekend.Please put lots of lovely pics up next week so I can see everything. Hope it all goes well, I'm sure you will all have a blast.
    KK. XX

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...